Breakfast Magazine is a fairly new food and lifestyle magazine. The bi-monthly periodical, issued every two months, prides itself in bringing to readers a holistic experience by celebrating the people behind the ever-growing food industry. When I met the core people behind it, I was astonished to learn that they were newly graduates who embarked on creating this magazine, as well as its publishing company called AKME, right out of college. Armed with a few contacts here and there, as well as tenacity and some guts, they braved the daunting and demanding world of publication.
From getting renowned chefs to acknowledge their brainchild while sharing their stories and recipes, to dealing with celebrities' shoots and interviews and all the intricacies that come with it, these young women have admirably plowed through it all and emerged successful as evident in their wonderful and engaging culinary magazine.
They were generous enough to give me a copy of their second issue when I met up with them last month. What I love about it is the clean layout and the captivating stories behind the recipes. Not to mention, the ingredients provided in each recipe are ones you could easily find at your local grocery store.
Aside from this, there's a Blogger's Section with articles written by The Food Scout and The Thirsty Blogger, along with Mhel and Ken of Certified Foodies, which by the way, is celebrating its second anniversary with a series of giveaways as well. With all these interesting features, I'm sure you'll enjoy reading Breakfast Magazine, too.
Spot: Unit 7C-2 7th F, Marc 2000 Tower, Taft Ave. cr. Quirino Ave., Malate, Manila
Contact No.: 354.5434
To celebrate FRM's 1st Anniversary, Breakfast Magazine has magnanimously sponsored giveaway #1!
- TWO (2) winners of a one-year subscription to Breakfast Magazine
- Only those who live in the Philippines are eligible to join.
- Contest runs from June 1, 2012 until June 30, 2012.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook (must have at least 30 friends) and Twitter (must have at least 10 followers) accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 7 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, etc.) for your entry to count.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 3, 2012.
- Winners will also be notified via email and the bi-monthly magazine will be delivered every two months to your Philippine address, starting with the current June - July 2012 issue as shown on the cover photo.
Good luck! :)
Facebook sample entry:
Twitter sample entry: