Empire has arguably the best macarons in town!
French macarons. Biting into one is like eating your way to a luxurious pastry heaven. These colorful sandwich discs elicit the excited kid in you as you try to contemplate what flavor you would happily devour first.
The lemon macaron, a canary yellow in color, attracts and allures. A kiss of sweetness with the faintest trace of lemon brushes the palate, as the round meringue gingerly crumbles between my fingers. The chili chocolate brings a sudden kick as the chocolate melds into a spicy endnote. A pink circular macaron reveals a flavor that brings together the sense of smell and taste. True to its name, this candied rose was how I imagined the flower of romance to taste like, if I ever were to eat one. Its mellifluous trait is further enhanced by the fragrance it emits.
The strawberry invokes little girl fantasies of everything pink and sweet. The triple chocolate and cookies and cream both provide saccharine satisfaction, while the mocha introduces a tincture of coffee to balance out any cloying taste. If you love nuts, go for the green pistachio while if you like milk tea then I suggest you opt for its namesake that has that oh so creamy appeal. My favorite would have to be the salted caramel which has a perfect reciprocity of salty and sweet.
Whatever variant you choose to try first, one thing is certain, these chromatic confections will definitely capture your curiosity. From the first delicate nibble of this charming and light French delicacy down to the last chewy and captivating bite, this vulnerable treat will leave you hankering for the next pastel-colored one.
Spot: 104B Talayan Road, Talayan Village, Quezon City
Contact Nos.: 0917.886.1190 or 514.2546
- THREE (3) winners of A Box of 12 Macarons from Empire Macaron redeemable until September 30, 2012
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prizes are only redeemable at the sponsor's home kitchen in Quezon City.
- Contest runs from June 13, 2012 until July 12, 2012.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook (must have at least 30 friends) and Twitter (must have at least 10 followers) accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 8 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Completing the mandatory tasks means you have to click each mandatory task's "+1 DO IT!" button then hit "ENTER" even if you've already previously "liked" the FRM's or the sponsor's Facebook page. This goes with the "Follow on Twitter" tasks as well.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, etc.) for your entry to count.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 15, 2012.
- Winners will also be notified via email and will receive a confirmation email from the sponsor.
- Print the confirmation email and present this together with a valid ID when claiming your prizes.
- Winners must be willling to pick up their prizes at 104B Talayan Road, Talayan Village, Quezon City. Please allow 3 days lead time for the pastries and call 0917-886-1190.
Good luck! :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Facebook sample entry:
Twitter sample entry: