It was on the day of hearts when I fell in love with Kulinarya Kitchen.
We didn't really plan on dining here, I was even hankering for some Japanese food at that time. There was something though with this place that called out to us while we sauntered past the rows of restaurants at Power Plant's ground floor. The dining gods must have smiled upon us seeing as it is Valentine's Day. Perhaps they have foreseen we were going to enjoy eating here and must have sprinkled some magnetic dust that had us moving hypnotically towards the direction of the black-walled interiors with regal chandeliers.
I initially thought it served Filipino dishes because of the name, and frankly I was reluctant to be eating the same cuisine for a number of days in a row. Upon a closer perusal of the menu however, it turns out that they were actually serving a fusion of European and Asian cuisines. The fact that they're offering steak only cemented my sudden desire to try out this place. And thank heavens we did!
From the delicate and flavorful Baked Bangus Belly to the tender Grilled Pork Chops that softly yield to the bite, their main courses are definitely worth a try. And let's not forget that huge serving (16 oz.) of U.S. Top Blade Steak (see cover photo) bathed in a glinting pool of red wine sauce. Together with some buttered vegetables on the side, and a bowl of rustic mashed potatoes, its glory was captivating as it was hunger-inducing. The slightly pinkish meat slowly succumbs to the gentlest of slices, you don't even need a steak knife. Well marinated with bold flavors, it will definitely leave you feeling satiated then yearning for it once more only after a few minutes.
And then there were their quiches, the 4-Cheese variant of which consists of parmesan, swiss cheddar, gorgonzola and gruyere. An orchestra of various flavors spanning sweet, sharp, salty and earthy, all cocooned in a hot, slightly dense yet still light, savory custard.
You must not miss their desserts. The Pistachio Sans Rival specially made by Jill Sandique for Kulinarya evokes feelings of selfishness as your hand gets ready to swat away foreign surreptitious forks nearing the parameter. Alternating layers of silky buttercream and crunchy meringue are sheltered under a nutty barrage of pistachios, standing tall and proud on a plate of undulated caramel syrup and a shower of powdered sugar.
Unfortunately, the best dessert is the one that's quite elusive. Served only on special occasions or via their catering gigs, these Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes are one of the moistest, softest, swoon-worthy crimson cakes you will ever eat. The opulent cream cheese frosting dotted with tiny silver spheres, serves as a textural enhancement to this ambrosial confectionery.
Up next on my list of comestibles to order are the Grilled Steak with Truffle Butter and the Herb-Crusted Lamb Chops. Can't wait!
A sister restaurant you might also want to try is the Kulinarya Experience or KXP, which offers similar tasty dishes at incredibly affordable prices. Located in Robinson's Place Manila, this one aims to redefine the local fast casual dining scene.
Spot: P1 Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City
Contact Nos.: 898.1738 or 898.1864
KXP: Kulinarya Experience
Spot: 2nd/F Midtown Wing Robinson's Place Manila, Ermita, Manila
Contact No.: 567.2562
To celebrate FRM's 1st Anniversary, Kulinarya Global Corporation has magnanimously sponsored giveaway #6!
- TEN (10) winners of a Php 500 Gift Certificate from Kulinarya Kitchen valid until September 30, 2012
- TEN (10) winners of a Php 300 Gift Certificate from KXP (Kulinarya Experience) valid until September 30, 2012
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prizes are only redeemable in Metro Manila branches.
- Contest runs from June 16, 2012 until July 15, 2012.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook (must have at least 30 friends) and Twitter (must have at least 10 followers) accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 8 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Completing the mandatory tasks means you have to click each mandatory task's "+1 DO IT!" button then hit "ENTER" even if you've already previously "liked" the FRM's or the sponsor's Facebook page. This goes with the "Follow on Twitter" tasks as well.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, etc.) for your entry to count.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 18, 2012.
- Winners will also be notified via email and must be willing to pick up the Kulinarya Kitchen GC at their Power Plant Mall branch and the KXP Kulinarya Experience GC at their Robinson's Place Manila branch. Please present a valid ID when claiming your GC.
Good luck! :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Facebook sample entry:
Twitter sample entry: