Napa offers not only good food, but a picturesque ambiance as well.
Murals of vines and vineyards adorn the walls, racks lined up with different wine bottles stood tall and proud, and various intricately designed chandeliers light up each area of the dining hall. A large couch sat nestled in a corner, perfect for cozying up to a loved one while having a romantic dinner. There's also a nook which has a table for six, excellent for an intimate group of friends sharing laughter over a glass of wine.
Start off with their appetizers, like the Buffalo Wings clad in red sauce hinting a bit of kick, tamed only by the tartar sauce on the side. Or you could opt for the spicy Salpicado (see cover photo) with dashes of green pepper, nicely paired with the slices of garlic bread that line up the parameter.
They also have salads such as the ubiquitous Caesar Salad and the Chef's Chopped Salad. Maybe a nice, warm bowl of soup; their Seafood Chowder is excellent with its hearty and flavorful broth just having the right viscosity.
Do try their pizzas, freshly baked inside their own brick oven, giving it that beautiful rustic look and smell. If you want everything on it then go for the Napa Special which has a plethora of ingredients artfully decorated on the circular dough. A cheese lover? Fret not, their Cinco Formaggio is splendid with its miscellany of kesong puti, mozzarella, swiss cheese, cheddar cheese and blue cheese.
They have pastas as well, ranging from the classic Carbonara to the sophisticated Salmon Capers in Light Cream Sauce. The delicate pink salmon enhanced the flavor of the white sauce; simply delectable together with its al dente penne pasta, sheltered under a splatter of powdered parmesan cheese.
Do not leave Napa without trying their Lava Cake. You have to order this though together with your starters and entrees as it takes a while to prepare this lovely dessert. A pair, a couple, one white and the other dark in color. They say opposites attract and in this case they do, one is hot and the other frozen cold. Take a fork and gingerly slice a piece of the molten choco cake and watch as hot chocolate lava escapes from its luscious and moist sponge prison. Follow it with a forkful of cold vanilla ice cream with a small fragment of lady finger and feel the complementarity of flavors emerge and delight your soul. Truly a highly gratifying ending to a good meal treasured with good company.
Napa Restaurant and Bar
Spot: 12 Scout Borromeo St. South Triangle, Quezon City
Contact No.: 414.8272
To celebrate FRM's 1st Anniversary, Napa Restaurant and Bar has magnanimously sponsored giveaway #7!
- ONE (1) winner of a Php 1,500 Gift Certificate from Napa Restaurant and Bar valid until September 30, 2012
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prize is only redeemable in Napa's Quezon City branch.
- Contest runs from June 19, 2012 until July 18, 2012.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook (must have at least 30 friends) and Twitter (must have at least 10 followers) accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 7 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Completing the mandatory tasks means you have to click each mandatory task's "+1 DO IT!" button then hit "ENTER" even if you've already previously "liked" the FRM's or the sponsor's Facebook page. This goes with the "Follow on Twitter" tasks as well.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, etc.) for your entry to count.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 21, 2012.
- Winners will also be notified via email and must be willing to pick up the GC at Napa's branch in Quezon City. Please present a valid ID when claiming your GC.
Good luck! :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Facebook sample entry:
Twitter sample entry: