Are they sushi rolls? Yes, well no, not really...
Everyone was intrigued when Chef Anna Chua of My Pink Wasabi introduced these Japanese-inspired pastries to the local dessert scene. Hand-rolled cakes made out of different ingredients like chocolates, nuts and even tea, these little ingenious creations will pique your interest and make you crave for them at first sight.
Dubbed as Kashi Makis, these miniature treats are of different variants ranging from the nutty ones like the Choco Loco which is cocooned in toasted nuts and has a cashew nut paste for a heart, all the way to the chocolatey ones such as the Midnight Mint, which by the way is my favorite. Dark mint chocolate truffle (*drool*) embraced in soft, moist chocolate cake, covered in cocoa powder and topped with tiny orbs of mint gelee.
My proclivity for liquor-infused chocolates has made the Marula another favorite. Milk chocolate ganache, pistachio sponge and amarula liquor tainted with coffee, what's not to love? I'm enamoured with the Oolong Berry which enwraps white chocolate truffle and almond cake inside a thin layer of white chocolate, while globules of strawberry roe crowd the apex.
Other nutty flavors are the Lemony P that has a trace of zest in the pistachio cake cylinder, and the White Matcha boasting a flower-shaped emblem at the crown. There's the Coconut Dream, enrobed in coconut feathers with a hat made out of pistachio, and the Cookie Kiss that is redolent of a Black Forest cake.
Armed with mellifluous flavors, premium ingredients and visual appeal, these aesthetic, decadent confections will leave you smitten and satisfied.
My Pink Wasabi
Spot: Unit C 1535 Joshua St. Jordan Plains, Novaliches, Quezon City
Contact Nos.: 0947.865.8634
To celebrate FRM's 1st Anniversary, My Pink Wasabi has generously sponsored giveaway #8!
- FOUR (4) winners of a Php 270 Gift Voucher for A Box of 9 Kashi Makis redeemable until October 31, 2012
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prizes are only redeemable at Sweet Fusion's store in Novaliches, Quezon City.
- Contest runs from June 22, 2012 until July 21, 2012.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook (must have at least 30 friends) and Twitter (must have at least 10 followers) accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 8 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Completing the mandatory tasks means you have to click each mandatory task's "+1 DO IT!" button then hit "ENTER" even if you've already previously "liked" the FRM's or the sponsor's Facebook page. This goes with the "Follow on Twitter" tasks as well.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, etc.) for your entry to count.
- Make sure that your Facebook shared posts are set to "Public" (the posting option is beside the time/date of your post, just set it to the globe icon) and your Twitter account is not protected/locked, otherwise I might not be able to view them.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 24, 2012.
- Winners will also be notified via email along with the e-vouchers.
- Print the e-voucher and present this together with a valid ID when claiming your prizes. E-voucher can also be used as a discount coupon for purchasing a box of 18 kashi makis.
- Winners must be willling to pick up their prizes at Sweet Fusion Manila at 1535 Joshua St. Jordan Plaines, Novaliches Quezon City. Please allow 24 hours lead time for orders and call 0947-865-8634.
Good luck! :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Facebook sample entry:
Twitter sample entry: