A café in the heart of Makati Business District I'd never have thought would capture my fancy...
If I weren't invited by Breakfast Magazine to spend an afternoon at Brew-Kus, I probably would never have visited the place, and consequently never have had the pleasure of trying out their scrumptious comfort food. Tucked in a building at the center of all the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle, Brew-Kus is a quiet haven for those looking to have a good meal without the steep price.
Start off with an appetizer or two, I recommend the Crisp Mushroom Ravioli which hides an abundance of shiitake mushrooms in a bed of cream cheese within. You can also opt for its spinach version for your fried vegetarian fix.
The Wild Mushroom Pasta is simply divine with its heavenly scent and creamy white sauce. The adornment of prosciutto counteracts the creaminess with its salinity, while the earthiness of the shiitake mushrooms simply curbs the flavor profile of the dish. A drizzle of white truffle oil completes this masterpiece.
If you want something lighter, try their gourmet sandwiches. Both the Shrimply Loaded and the Grilled Veg and Mozzarella are good options. The also have Beer-Battered Fish and Chips coated in a special batter and accompanied by a gorgeous herbed dressing.
Tea latte is the moniker for their milk/bubble tea. An assortment of flavors are available to choose from though I seem to always gravitate towards the Wintermelon variant, their version of which is pretty good despite not having the usual frothy cream on top.
It's really good to not be afraid to try out new things, new places, and new food. You never know when you might uncover a treasure or two.
Spot: G/F 139 Corporate Center Valero St. Salcedo Village, Makati City
Contact No.: 856.7656
To celebrate FRM's 1st Anniversary, Brew-Kus has magnanimously sponsored giveaway #9!
- FIVE (5) winners of a Php 500 Gift Certificate from Brew-Kus valid until October 31, 2012
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prize is only redeemable in Brew-Kus's Makati City branch.
- Contest runs from June 25, 2012 until July 24, 2012.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook (must have at least 30 friends) and Twitter (must have at least 10 followers) accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 8 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Completing the mandatory tasks means you have to click each mandatory task's "+1 DO IT!" button then hit "ENTER" even if you've already previously "liked" the FRM's or the sponsor's Facebook page. This goes with the "Follow on Twitter" tasks as well.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, etc.) for your entry to count.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 27, 2012.
- Winners will also be notified via email and must be willing to pick up the GC at Brew-Kus' branch in Makati City. Please present a valid ID when claiming your GC.
Good luck! :)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Facebook sample entry:
Twitter sample entry: