Breakfast Magazine is a culinary-slash-lifestyle magazine that's near and dear to me. What makes this magazine special is the fact that it's not only about recipes per se, but rather, it pulls and shares the stories behind these recipes, and more importantly, the stories behind the people who share these very recipes. It's built with much more substance than your usual food magazine, and you can see the effort of every writer to bring a personal touch, thereby giving much more meaning to the words you read.
Chefs' stories, as well as celebrities', can be found in the Man for Food, Food for Man section. The Dining Drill contains kitchen tips, essentials and little how-to's. FoodPedia focuses on articles centered on a particular theme such as agriculture, going vegan, etc. And if you wondered what food a particular area or region in the country is known for, then you might be interested to read the articles in the Wander Eating section.
I've also had the chance to write a couple of articles for Breakfast Magazine. It was definitely fun and easy to work with the delightful and talented young people behind Brekafast. Hopefully, I get to work with them again soon.
Breakfast Magazine is available at all leading bookstores and newsstands, or you can also subscribe via their website.
To celebrate FRM's 2nd Anniversary, Breakfast Magazine has magnanimously sponsored a giveaway for FRM's readers and followers!
- TWO (2) winners of a one-year subscription to Breakfast Magazine
- Only those who live in the Philippines are eligible to join.
- Contest runs from June 2, 2013 until July 1, 2013.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook and Twitter accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 7 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, tag your friends, etc.) for your entry to count.
- Make sure that your Facebook shared posts are set to "Public" (the posting option is beside the time/date of your post, just set it to the globe icon), and your Twitter account is not protected/locked, otherwise I might not be able to view them, and your entry will not be counted.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 5, 2013.
- Winners will also be notified via email and the bi-monthly magazine will be delivered every two months to your Philippine address, starting with the current June - July 2013 issue.
Good luck! :)
And the winners are...
Congratulations to the two winners! I'll be in touch with you soon for details on how to claim your prizes.
Again, thank you very much to Breakfast Magazine for being a part of FRM's anniversary celebration again! :)