What I love about Mitsuyado? Their broths are full of flavor, I just can't get enough of them.
That and the fact that it transports me to some side street in Japan the moment I enter the place. Cobblestoned pavement, a Japanese noodle cart, and a bicycle complete the setting.
As for the food, here are my favorites...
You can opt to have your noodles served warm or cold; whichever way you choose, the nice thing about it is it's always going to come out as al dente. I figure, sometimes I think I'll go for the Marutoku especially when I'm hankering for some meat, while other times, I'll go for the Double Cheese if I wanted to get my cheese fix. While both are good, the memorable part for me is the broth. Both have this same rich, tasty flavor that almost borders on salty, yet manages to keep that little balance in check. It's meant to serve as a sort of dip for the noodles---hence the term (Tsukemen: dipping noodles)---but I'd rather slurp it away like a hot soup on a cold winter's night.
The Char-siu, while milder in taste than the previous ones, is not to be ignored. Its savory broth is just as satisfying as the fork-tender pork slices that tease and allure. And of course, you must not pass up on the Japanese egg with a golden yolk that glimmers and glides, and leaves a trail of dangerous addiciton in its wake.
This yellowish ramen has a thicker broth, that is totally milky and creamy. It takes several hours to make it, that's why the bowls are limited to just a few number a day. Like all the aforementioned dishes, this one is like a drug that will leave you wanting.
The different cold desserts are a treat as well. A caveat: the place can get quite packed especially during dinner so better if you come before 7 PM.
Spot: 22 Jupiter St., Bgy. Bel-Air, Makati
Contact No.: 511-1390
To celebrate FRM's 2nd Anniversary, Mitsuyado Sei-Men has magnanimously sponsored a giveaway for FRM's readers and followers!
- TWO (2) winners of a Php 1,000 Gift Certificate from Mitsuyado Sei-Men
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prizes will only be sent to Metro Manila addresses.
- Contest runs from June 15, 2013 until July 14, 2013.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook and Twitter accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 7 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, tag your friends,etc) for your entry to count.
- Make sure that your Facebook shared posts are set to "Public" (the posting option is beside the time/date of your post, just set it to the globe icon), and your Twitter account is not protected/locked, otherwise I might not be able to view them, and your entry will not be counted.
- The winners will be announced on this website on July 18, 2013.
- Winners will also be notified via email and must send a copy of their valid ID as well as their Metro Manila address where the GC will be delivered.
- The gift certificates have no expiry, but it is strongly recommended that you redeem and use them before December 31, 2013.
And the winners are...
Anna-Roda "Dash" A. Estefani
Congratulations to the two lucky winners! I'll be in touch with you soon for details on how to claim your prizes.
Again, thank you very much to Mitsuyado Sei-Men for being a part of FRM's anniversary celebration! :)