I wasn't into jams as I really don't have a sweet tooth. I would sporadically buy a jar or two from the supermarket, wherein I would consume only about a quarter of the bottle until it would meet its expiration date.
The Fruit Garden, a product of Pierre Marmonier utilizing local fruits, has been very active in participating at local food bazaars and tasting events. Even though I've seen them far too often, it was only when I got to taste these jams at a cocktail party that presented them as stars on savory dishes that I truly enjoyed and appreciated them.
They also offer Belgian pralines impregnated with indulgent jam fillings -- a collaboration with Risa Chocolates. My favorite is the Orange with Orange jam fillings.
These hors d'oeuvres were truly a revelation. I finally saw how I can enjoy these sweet delectable treats, without leaving too saccharine a taste in my mouth. Paired with different savory dishes, these jams were pretty remarkable.
Flavors of The Fruit Garden include unique combinations such as Mango Durian, Mango Chocolate, Pineapple Coco Rhum, Strawberry Mint, Strawberry Banana, Lychee Berry Rose, etc. Now, they also have new ones like the Calamansi Brandy and Raspberry. Every flavor is worth a try!
The Fruit Garden
Spot: 295 Haig St., Mandaluyong and Legazpi Sunday Market
To celebrate FRM's 2nd Anniversary, The Fruit Garden has magnanimously sponsored a giveaway for FRM's readers and followers!
- SEVEN (7) winners of the Discovery Set (a box of 6 pieces of 30 gram jars) of Assorted Luxury Jams from The Fruit Garden
- SIXTEEN (16) winners of A Set of Fruit Jams (3 pieces of assorted 30 gram jars) from The Fruit Garden
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prizes are only redeemable at The Fruit Garden's Legazpi Sunday market stall or commissary in Mandaluyong.
- Contest runs from June 30, 2013 until July 29, 2013.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook and Twitter accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 6 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, tag your friends,etc) for your entry to count.
- Make sure that your Facebook shared posts are set to "Public" (the posting option is beside the time/date of your post, just set it to the globe icon), and your Twitter account is not protected/locked, otherwise I might not be able to view them, and your entry will not be counted.
- The winners will be announced on this website on August 2, 2013.
- Winners will also be notified via email and must be willing to pick up the prizes at The Fruit Garden's Legazpi Sunday market stall or commissary in Mandaluyong. Please present a valid ID when claiming your prizes.
- The prizes are redeemable until August 31, 2013.
And the 7 winners of the Discovery Set are...
Benjz Gerard Sevilla
Jose Lorenzo "Jelo" Manongsong
Mary Louise Sanchez
Again, thank you very much to The Fruit Garden for being a part of FRM's anniversary celebration! :)