Good Filipino dishes in a beautiful, serene Filipino setting...
Chef Tatung Taguig boasts not only of quality Filipino fare, but is also a place reminiscent of classic Filipino homes filled with history.
There was also a large open area filled with batibot chairs and tables at the side and at the back, great for dining al fresco. Daybeds and the breezy air make for a nice relaxing spot.
And here now are my absolute favorite dishes from Chef Tatung...
Roasted in a brick oven for over 6 hours on a bed of garlic and lemongrass, each slice of this succulent pork belly is as sinful as it is opulent. The meat was so tender that it became a challenge to decipher where the pork ended and the fat began.
Don't ever leave Chef Tatung without trying this dish. Layers of grilled eggplant coalesced with egg, tomato and Vigan longganisa lay underneath a beautiful veneer of carabao mozzarella cheese. Sooo good!!
Round pillows of pandan-flavored cassava swimming in custard sauce and tenderly blanketed with quezo de bola brulee were simply irresistible and delectable at that. Each bite was pure heaven poked with some sharpness from that oozing cheese.
Chef Tatung offers a Sunday Lunch Buffet already inclusive of drinks. The main star of the show is the Cebu Lechon, but their other dishes are not to be missed. Price of the buffet is Php 680++ per person, and is available from 11 AM to 2 PM every Sunday.
Aside from the buffet, they also have the Sugbahan by Chef Tatung, which is a grill station and bar at the patio, newly opened this July.
When you see Petron, make a slight swerve to the right, towards the service road as there is no more opening to Levi Mariano on the main C-5 road itself.
Chef Tatung Taguig
Spot: Molave Lane, Acacia Ave. Acacia Estates, Taguig City
Contact No.: 0932.710.0010 or 466.5390
To celebrate FRM's 2nd Anniversary, Chef Tatung has magnanimously sponsored a giveaway for FRM's readers and followers!
- FIVE (5) winners of a Gift Certificate good for one person, worth Php 680++ to Chef Tatung Taguig's Sunday Lunch Buffet valid until November 23, 2013
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prizes are only redeemable at Chef Tatung's Taguig branch.
- Contest runs from July 20, 2013 until August 19, 2013.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook and Twitter accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 7 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, tag your friends,etc) for your entry to count.
- Make sure that your Facebook shared posts are set to "Public" (the posting option is beside the time/date of your post, just set it to the globe icon), and your Twitter account is not protected/locked, otherwise I might not be able to view them, and your entry will not be counted.
- The winners will be announced on this website on August 23, 2013.
- must be willing to pick up the GCs at Chef Tatung's branch at Acacia Estates, Taguig. Please present a valid ID when claiming your GC.
- Drinks are included in the Sunday Lunch Buffet.
- The gift certificates are valid until November 23, 2013.
And the winners are...
Kimberly Camille Tiu
Mary Eunice M. Villola
Congratulations to the five lucky winners! I'll be in touch with you soon for details on how to claim your prizes.
Again, thank you very much to Chef Tatung for being a part of FRM's anniversary celebration! :)