The penultimate giveaway!
The Bistro Group is a collection of casual restaurant brands representing various cuisines. The first restaurant concept they brought to Manila was T.G.I.Fridays, followed by Italianni's, and now they have 12 under their evergrowing name.
Though I haven't tried all the twelve restaurants yet, let me share with you my favorite dishes from those that I've dined at...
TGI Friday's Mozzarella is a staple whenever we're there. Also good is their Caesar Salad with a generous heaping of crisp romaine lettuce bathed in that sharp taste of Parmesan. Then, it's almost always a toss up between Jack Daniel's Pork Chop with those chunky cheddar cheese mashed potatoes I love so much, and Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta which has a spicy flair added to the creamy Alfredo sauce.
How can you go wrong with crabs and cheese? The Alaskan Crab Dip is a great starter to a meal; the crab melds sublimely well with mozzarella cheese and white wine for that utterly creamy dip nicely smothered on pita or garlic bread. When in Italianni's, one must not pass up on ordering the Creamy Crab Spaghetti -- the reason why I now like eating here. The crab meat on rich white sauce is just heavenly! Throw in some Beef Salpicao if you need your meat, then end everything with an Italian vanilla custard in a pool of sweet mango sauce.
Aside from being one of the best tasting fish and chips locally, this New York Fish and Chips has Parmesan cheese stuffing to boot. Don't forget to ask for more sour cream or tartar sauce just to break the monotony.
Bibimbap is such a fun and colorful dish that I always order whenever I'm in Korean restaurants. My choice here is the Bulgogi Bibimbap that I pair with Premium Boneless Short Ribs. These tender pieces of meat are served raw at the table, while a server cooks it all up in front of you. It doesn't hurt that Bulgogi Brothers offers unlimited servings of sweet potatoes, quail eggs, corn, and ban chan either.
Village Tavern is like the elevated version of Friday's. Their Hot Crab Dip is similar to Italianni's Alaskan Crab Dip, except that this is more chunky than creamy. The Grilled Chicken Spinach and Mixed Greens is a hearty dish already good on its own if you don't want something too heavy. Aside from the chicken, spinach, usual greens, apples, egg, and bacon, it has cranberries, spiced pecans and blue cheese which makes it really unique and downright delicious. What I like about their Maryland-Style Crab Cakes is the missing random crab shell that's irritating with most crab cake dishes from other restaurants. You can really taste the freshness of the crab, and the homemade tartar sauce on the side only enhances the flavor.
Don't miss out on their cakes if you have a sweet tooth, but since I don't have one, I opt for their Banana Crepes instead. I then wash everything down with their refreshing White Sangria.
I actually go to Watami just for these dishes when the cravings start kicking in. Their sashimis are fresh and bereft of any fishy taste, and since salmon is my favorite, I get an extra order. I didn't think I would like cold noodles, but this Cold Soba proves to be really good. Nice and firm to the bite, it's perfect when dipped into the savory soba soup it comes with. They may seem light fare, but I leave the restaurant feeling sated and happy.
The Bistro Group
- Fish and Co.
- Pig Out
- Krazy Garlik
- Bulgogi Brothers
- Village Tavern
- Modern Shanghai
- Smokin' Hot BarBQ
- Tonkatsu by Terazawa
To celebrate FRM's 2nd Anniversary, The Bistro Group has magnanimously sponsored a giveaway for FRM's readers and followers!
- ONE (1) winner of a Php 3,000 Gift Certificate from The Bistro Group valid until May 31, 2014
- Anyone who lives in the Philippines is eligible to join; however, the prizes are only redeemable at The Bistro Group's various chains of restaurants in Metro Manila.
- Contest runs from September 8, 2013 until October 7, 2013.
- You must have a valid and active Facebook and Twitter accounts to join.
- Please follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below.
- There are 28 very simple mandatory tasks you have to complete in order to qualify for the draw, but there are also optional tasks that you can do in order to increase your chances of winning.
- Please follow instructions (put the correct message, tag the sponsors in the message, submit direct links, tag your friends,etc) for your entry to count.
- Make sure that your Facebook shared posts are set to "Public" (the posting option is beside the time/date of your post, just set it to the globe icon), and your Twitter account is not protected/locked, otherwise I might not be able to view them, and your entry will not be counted.
- The winners will be announced on this website on October 11, 2013.
- Winners will also be notified via email and must be willing to pick up the GCs at The Bistro Group's Metro Manila branches. Please let us know ahead of time when and where you will be picking up the GCs. Please present a valid ID when claiming your GC.
- The gift certificates are valid until May 31, 2014.
And the super lucky winner is...
Congratulations! I'll be in touch with you soon for details on how to claim your prize.
Again, thank you very much to The Bistro Group for being a part of FRM's anniversary celebration! :)